When it comes to the “Who, What, Where, When, How, and Why’s” of cell phone purchases, TraQline’s got you covered. An internet survey of over 600,000 consumers per year, TraQline gives anyone in the consumer durables industry a better look at the marketplace, brand and retailer market share, purchase drivers, online sales, evolving feature trends and more.
TraQline collects this information by product category, including cell phones. We collect metrics including: online market share, dollar share, unit share, and draw/close for brands and manufacturers.
Check out this infographic for an illustrated overview of the Q3 2017 Cell Phone market.
- Verizon wins 33% of consumer dollars as a service provider.
- Verizon wins 24% of cell phone consumer dollars as a store.
- Samsung brand claims ~31% of consumer dollars.
- Apple claims 51% of consumer dollars for cell phone purchases
- Industry average price paid for cell phones is $280.
- 71% of cell phone purchases are made in brick & mortar stores.
- Google Brand phones get 2% consumer dollars.
- Apple draws 6% cell phone shoppers.
- 36% choose cell phone retailer because of previous experience with the store.
- MetroPCS claims 2.4% of cell phone consumer dollars.
- South slightly overindexes on cell phone buyers with 39%.
- 1/4 cell phone purchases made online.
- Who runs the world? 40% of cell phone buyers are women shopping solo.
- 37% shoppers choose their cell phone brand because of features.
- 41% choose cell phone brand because it’s one they’ve previously owned.