When it comes to the “Who, What, Where, When, How, and Why’s” of computer purchases, TraQline’s got you covered. An internet survey of over 600,000 consumers per year, TraQline gives anyone in the consumer durables industry a better look at the marketplace, brand and retailer market share, purchase drivers, online sales, evolving feature trends and more.
TraQline collects this information by product category, including computer products. We collect metrics including: online market share, dollar share, unit share, and draw/close for brands and manufacturers.
Check out this infographic for an illustrated overview of the Q2 2018 computer market:
- Apple computers bring home almost 35% of consumer dollars
- BestBuy wins just over 28% of computer consumer dollars
- Amazon brings home 11% of consumer dollars for computers
- The industry average price paid for computers is $465
- Dell draws in 5% of computer shoppers
- BestBuy knows how to draw a crowd: they bring in 36% of computer shoppers.
- Almost as many consumers buy computers online as they do in store
- The average price spent on computers at Walmart is $257
- Just over 1 in 4 computer shoppers is concerned with a brand name
- The average price spent on computers at Apple is nearly twice the industry average
- Computer shoppers are hungry for a good deal- more than 60% cite pricing as their reason for picking a retailer.
- Amazon draws in 29% of computer shoppers
- Computer shoppers are willing to go far afield for retailers- only 14% cite convenient location as why they chose a retailer