When it comes to the “Who, What, Where, When, How, and Why’s” of consumer purchases, TraQline’s got you covered. An internet survey of over 600,000 consumers per year, TraQline gives anyone in the consumer durables industry a better look at the marketplace, brand and retailer market share, purchase drivers, online sales, evolving feature trends and more.
TraQline collects this information by product category, including computing equipment such as: desktops, laptops, and monitors . We collect metrics including: online market share, dollar share, unit share, and draw/close for brands and manufacturers.
Check out this infographic for an illustrated overview of the Q2 2016 Computing market.
Total Computers Takeaways
- 45% of US computer buyers purchased their tech online.
- Average sale price in the computer industry is $437.
- Apple draws in 10% of computer buyers.
- Amazon closes computer sales 72% of the time.
- 1/4 consumers pick computer retailers on previous experience.
- When shopping computer brands, price is almost 2x as important as brand name.
- 38% of computer buyers are women.
- When it comes to computers, features trump quality.
- Buyers at Walmart pay an average sale price of $249 for computer products.
- Apple gets 33.1% of consumer dollars in computers.
- Price is 4.5x more important than location for consumers buying computers.
- HP gets 17% of consumer dollars in computers.
- 20% of computer buyers are men & women shopping together.
- Walmart closes computer goods sales 58% of the time.
- 3 in 5 computers buyers shopped only one brand.
- 66% of computer buyers who shopped online compared prices.
- Average sale price for computer products online at Best Buy is $476.
- Millennials make 44% of computer purchases.