When it comes to the “Who, What, Where, When, How, and Why’s” of consumer purchases, TraQline’s got you covered. An internet survey of over 600,000 consumers per year, TraQline gives anyone in the consumer durables industry a better look at the marketplace, brand and retailer market share, purchase drivers, online sales, evolving feature trends and more.
TraQline collects this information by product category, including consumer electronics. We collect metrics including: online market share, dollar share, unit share, and draw/close for brands and manufacturers.
Check out this infographic for an illustrated overview of the Q3 2016 Consumer Electronics market:
- Best Buy is #1 for CE consumer dollars and wins 30%.
- Samsung comes in 2nd with 14.2% CE consumer dollars.
- Apple wins 14.6% CE consumer dollars.
- The average price paid for consumer electronics is $272.
- the average price paid for consumer electronics at Amazon is $188.
- Walmart draws 31% of consumer electronics shoppers.
- Apple stores close 76% of consumer electronics sales.
- 28% CE consumers pick retailer because of product selection.
- 27% consumers choose consumer electronics product because of brand name.
- It’s a man’s world-48% of CE shoppers are men shopping solo.
- 35% of consumer electronics shoppers made their purchase online.
- HP gets 8.5% consumer dollars in CE.
- 60% of consumer electronics buyers buy in-store.
- Average price paid for consumer electronics products at Costco is $429.
- West slightly overindexes on consumer electronics w 24% of buyers.