When it comes to the “Who, What, Where, When, How, and Why’s” of exercise equipment purchases, TraQline’s got you covered. An internet survey of over 600,000 consumers per year, TraQline gives anyone in the consumer durables industry a better look at the marketplace, brand and retailer market share, purchase drivers, online sales, evolving feature trends and more.
TraQline collects this information by product category, including exercise equipment. We collect metrics including: online market share, dollar share, unit share, and draw/close for brands and manufacturers.
Check out this infographic for an illustrated overview of the Q4 2019 exercise equipment market:
- Amazon wins almost twice as many consumer dollars for exercise equipment as its nearest competitor, Dicks Sporting Goods. Check out who else tops the list!
- Walmart falls just behind Dicks Sporting Goods for consumer dollar share for exercise equipment- check out how they compare to other retailers.
- Academy wins just over 2% of consumer dollars for exercise equipment- check out how they stack up against rivals like Dicks Sporting Goods and Sears.
- The industry average price paid for exercise equipment is $499- how much less do shoppers at Walmart spend on average?
- Peloton wins nearly 18% of consumer dollar share for exercise equipment- check out how their top competitor, Nordic Track, fared!
- Bowflex wins nearly 10% of consumer dollar share for exercise equipment- how does this compare to brands like ProForm Fitness and Golds Gym?
- Consumers at Sears spend an average of $535 on exercise equipment- how much less is that than the industry average price paid?
- Shoppers at Academy spend an average of $400 on exercise equipment- check out how much that compares to the average price paid at Amazon.
- Walmart draws in 23% of exercise equipment shoppers- check out how that compares to competitors like Sears and Dicks Sporting Goods.
- Dicks Sporting Goods closes the sale with 60% of its exercise equipment shoppers- check out how their close rate compares to competitors like Academy.
- Amazon draws in 29% of exercise equipment shoppers- how often does the e-tailer close the deal?
- More than half of all exercise equipment purchases are made online- check out what drives purchase behavior.
- When it comes to pricing on exercise equipment, it fuels more decisions on retailer than brand for consumers.
- It’s all about the features! 42% of buyers choose exercise equipment brands based on features desired.
- Almost half of all exercise equipment buyers have a household income of $75K or more- check out more buyer demographics!
- Half of all exercise equipment purchases are first time buys- check out other purchase drivers.
- 32% of exercise equipment buyers shop two or more stores before purchasing- check out which stores are drawing in consumers.
- 77% of exercise equipment buyers shop online before making their purchase- how often do they end up buying online?
- 46% of exercise equipment buyers are men shopping solo- check out how often women make their purchase solo.
- When shopping online for exercise equipment, half of buyers read consumer reviews. Check out other shopper behaviors!