When it comes to the “Who, What, Where, When, How, and Why’s” of small appliance purchases, TraQline’s got you covered. An internet survey of over 600,000 consumers per year, TraQline gives anyone in the consumer durables industry a better look at the marketplace, brand and retailer market share, purchase drivers, online sales, evolving feature trends and more.
TraQline collects this information by product category, including exercise equipment. We collect metrics including: online market share, dollar share, unit share, and draw/close for brands and manufacturers.
Check out this infographic for an illustrated overview of the Q3 2017 Exercise Equipment market.
- Amazon takes home 16% of consumer dollars
- Average price paid for exercise equipment is $425
- Sears draws 14% of exercise equipment shoppers
- Just over 1/2 of exercise equipment buyers make their purchase online
- Working up a sweat even in winter- 19% of exercise equipment sales come from the Northwest
- 34% of exercise equipment buyers are women shopping solo
- What’s in a name? Only 17% consumers choose exercise equipment based on brand name
- 30% consumers pick outlet for exercise equipment based on product selection
- ProForm wins 6% of consumer dollars
- Nordic Track takes home 13% of consumer dollars
- Amazon closes 75% exercise equipment sales
- Average price paid for exercise equipment at Sears is $578
- Quality counts–27% of exercise equipment buyers pick brand because of quality
- Average price paid at Amazon is $313 for exercise equipment
- Walmart wins 10% of consumer dollars for exercise equipment