Lawn Care Market and Consumer Behavior Statistics
When it comes to the “Who, What, Where, When, How, and Why’s” of lawn care purchases, TraQline has you covered. An internet survey of over 600,000 consumers per year, TraQline gives anyone in the consumer durables industry a better look at the marketplace, brand and retailer market share, purchase drivers, online sales, evolving feature trends and more.
TraQline collects this information by product category, including lawn care products. We collect metrics including online market share, dollar share, unit share, and draw/close for brands and manufacturers.
Q1 2019 Lawn Care Statistics
Check out this infographic for an illustrated overview of the Q1 2019 lawn care market:
- Home Depot wins just over 1/4 of consumer dollars when it comes to lawn care.
- Scotts brand is number one for consumer dollars in lawn care- check out who its top competitors are.
- The industry average price paid for lawn care products is $23. Check out how much less consumers pay at Walmart.
- Ace Hardware draws in 6% of lawn care shoppers- check out how often they close sales
- Lowe’s closes sales with 69% of the shoppers it draws in- check out how that compares to Home Depot.
- 91% of consumers make their lawn care purchases in-store- check out how often they purchase online.
- The average price paid for lawn care products at Lowe’s is $23- check out how this compares to what’s spent at Ace Hardware.
- A little over 1 in 3 consumers choose a lawn care product retailer because they were already in the store- check out what else drives purchases.
- The Northeast underindexes on lawn care purchases, with 14% of buyers- check out who is buying more here.
- Lowe’s brand lawn care products win 3% of consumer dollars- check out who their top competitor is.