When it comes to the “Who, What, Where, When, How, and Why’s” of OPE purchases, TraQline’s got you covered. An internet survey of over 600,000 consumers per year, TraQline gives anyone in the consumer durables industry a better look at the marketplace, brand and retailer market share, purchase drivers, online sales, evolving feature trends and more.
TraQline collects this information by product category, including outdoor power equipment such as: line trimmers, chain saws, and pressure washers . We collect metrics including: online market share, dollar share, unit share, and draw/close for brands and manufacturers.
Check out this infographic for an illustrated overview of the Q2 2016 OPE market.
Total OPE Takeaways
- Craftsman gets almost 12% of consumer dollars.
- OPE consumers at Walmart pay $55 less than the industry average sale price.
- Home Depot draws in 38% of OPE shoppers.
- Competitive pricing is 2x more important than quality to buyers.
- The south makes up 43% of purchases
- OPE buyers at Lowe’s spend $182.
- Lowes closes the deal with buyers 57% of the time.
- Nearly 60% of OPE buyers are men.
- The Northeast underindexes on purchases.
- Walmart closes the deal 58% of the time.
- The midwest gets in on sales 22% of the time.
- 17% of purchases are made online!
- Nearly 1/2 of purchases are to replace a broken item.
- Lowe’s was the first store that 20% of buyers visited.
- When shopping online, 40% of buyers look for promotions.
- 82% of buyers are homeowners.
- 35% of shoppers are millennials.