When it comes to the “Who, What, Where, When, How, and Why’s” of consumer purchases, TraQline’s got you covered. An internet survey of over 600,000 consumers per year, TraQline gives anyone in the consumer durables industry a better look at the marketplace, brand and retailer market share, purchase drivers, online sales, evolving feature trends and more.
TraQline collects this information by product category, including computing equipment such as: desktops, laptops, and monitors. We collect metrics including: online market share, dollar share, unit share, and draw/close for brands and manufacturers.
Check out this infographic for an illustrated overview of the Q2 2017 Computing market.
Computers Key Takeaways:
- Best Buy outlets are #1 for customer dollars
- 45% of consumers make their computer purchase online!
- Apple is the #1 brand for computer buyers, and gets 1/3 of all consumer dollars
- Features forward! 36% of consumers pick computer brands because they have desired features
- Average price paid at amazon is $253 for computers
- The Apple store draws 11% of computer buyers
- Samsung computers win 4% of consumer dollars
- Computer power! The West & South slightly overindex on computer purchases
- 26% of computer consumers pick a retailer because of previous experience
- Walmart wins 7.5% consumer dollars
- HP computers win 18.4% of consumer dollars
- Amazon closes 71% of computer sales
- Half of all computers are purchased in a brick & mortar store
- 38% of computer buyers are women- how does that compare to men?