When it comes to the “Who, What, Where, When, How, and Why’s” of OPE purchases, TraQline’s got you covered. An internet survey of over 600,000 consumers per year, TraQline gives anyone in the consumer durables industry a better look at the marketplace, brand and retailer market share, purchase drivers, online sales, evolving feature trends and more.
TraQline collects this information by product category, including outdoor power equipment such as: line trimmers, chain saws, and pressure washers . We collect metrics including: online market share, dollar share, unit share, and draw/close for brands and manufacturers.
Check out this infographic for an illustrated overview of the Q2 2017 OPE market.
Outdoor Power Equipment Key Takeaways:
- Craftsman wins #1 for consumer dollars when it comes to OPEIs.
- Who needs the outdoors? 19% of consumers purchased their OPEIs online
- Average price for OPEIs is $181, how much more do consumers pay at independent dealers?
- 1/4 of consumers pick OPEI retailers because of product selection
- Sears closes 74% of OPEI sales. What percent of consumers do they draw in?
- Keeping it green in the south! The region overindexes on OPEI purchases
- The West & Northeast are underindexing on OPEI purchases
- Looks matter! 34% consumers choose OPEI brands because of the features offered
- Stihl wins 7.1% of OPEI consumers’ dollars. Who’s their biggest competition?
- It’s a bit of a boy’s club- 59% of OPEI purchasers are male.
- How much lower is Walmart’s average price paid for OPEIs versus the industry average
- 77% of OPEIs are bought in a brick & mortar store!
- Home Depot draws 39% of OPEI consumers