When it comes to the “Who, What, Where, When, How, and Why’s” of consumer purchases, TraQline’s got you covered. An internet survey of over 600,000 consumers per year, TraQline gives anyone in the consumer durables industry a better look at the marketplace, brand and retailer market share, purchase drivers, online sales, evolving feature trends and more.
TraQline collects this information by product category, including Lawn Care products such as: lawn & garden tools, indoor and outdoor plants, grass seed, mulch, soil, fertilizer, weed control chemicals, pesticides and more. We collect metrics including: online market share, dollar share, unit share, and draw/close for retailers and manufacturers alike.
Check out this infographic for an illustrated overview of the Q1 2016 Total Lawn Care market.
Key Lawn Care Takeaways
- Home Depot is king, earning 26% of buyer dollars.
- Ace closes the deal 3/4 of the time.
- Keeping it green! The West over-indexes on lawn care.
- Women make up 41% of buyers.
- Industry average sales price is $22.
- 93% of shoppers buy in store.
- Almost 1/2 of shoppers choose retailers based on pricing.
- Walmart draws in 23% of shoppers.
- Over 1/3 of purchases are impulse buys.
- Walmart gets about 13% of consumer dollars.
- Men buy 44% of products.
- Nearly 30% of shoppers pick retailers by location.
- 1/4 of lawn care shoppers visit HD first.
- 9/10 buyers shop only one brand.
- Fewer than 1 in 10 consumers shop online.
- Retirees make up almost 30% of shoppers.
- Millennials make up less than 20% of buyers.
- 15% of shoppers are men & women together.
- Buyers with incomes +$75,000 make up 44% of buyers.
- Average price at Lowes is $23.
- 1/4 of consumers buy as part of routine upkeep.
- Boomers & Matures make up more than 60% of shoppers.
- More than 1/3 of buyers don’t know the brand they purchased.