By Corinne Clements

Hey everyone, and welcome to this week’s installment of TraQing News! We’ve rounded up some content for you as you wind down your work week. From smart speakers becoming mainstream to the the eventual second home of Amazon, here are some of our favorite articles from this week:

Stanley Black & Decker buying 20% stake of MTD | HBSDealer Staff: Stanley Black & Decker wants to get outdoors! Or at least it wants to get it’s tool offerings outside. They’ve reached a deal to acquire 20% of MTD- which manufactures outdoor power equipment. In a few years, SBD will have the opportunity to acquire the remaining 80% of MTD as well.

Nearly half of all US homes could have a smart speaker this year, Adobe says | Jacob Kastrenakes: They may only be a few years old, but smart speakers are already making inroads into American households. A recent study is predicting that 48% of US households will have at least one speaker. And what’s more, the majority of people who do use them say they’re using them every day.

Amazon will announce the home of its ‘HQ2’ this year | Mariella Moon: If you’ve been waiting on pins and needles to hear where Amazon will locate their new headquarters, the wait is almost over! While no hints were given, Jeff Bezos did say that they would be announcing which of their top 20 choices would be the winner by the end of this year.

If articles like these have whetted your appetite for more consumer durables industry news, follow @TraQline on Twitter and The Stevenson Company on LinkedIn! See an article you think we should feature in our weekly roundup? Let us know by tweeting us and tag it with #TraQingNews.

Need to catch up with past #TraQing News posts? You can find all of our posts here. Want to get these articles emailed to you? Sign up here!