When it comes to the “Who, What, Where, When, How, and Why’s” of the window and door consumer purchases, TraQline has got you covered. In an internet survey of over 600,000 consumers per year, TraQline gives anyone in the window and door consumer durables industry a better look at the marketplace, brand and retailer market share, purchase drivers, online sales, evolving feature trends and more.
TraQline collects this information by product category, including windows and doors. We collect metrics including online market share, dollar share, unit share, and draw/close for brands and manufacturers.
Check out this infographic for an illustrated overview of the Q2 2016 Window and Door market.
Windows and Doors Key Statistic Takeaways
- The Northeast overindexes on windows and doors sales.
- When buying windows or doors, 65% of consumers make their purchase in a retail store.
- Average sales price for windows and doors is $1231.
- Men and women shop together for doors and windows 36% of the time.
- Lowes gets just over 9% of consumer dollars for windows and doors.
- Home Depot closes the deal on windows/doors 60% of the time.
- Almost 50% consumers choose window and door retailers based on pricing.
- 48% of windows and doors customers earn $75K+ annually.
- The West underindexes on window and door sales.
- Almost 1/4 of door and window shoppers are solo women.
- Pella nets 7% of windows and doors consumer dollars.
- 1 in 4 are a 1st time purchase!
- 1 in 4 door/window buyers is looking for top quality.
- More than 40% of window/door purchases are for routine maintenance.
- 6% of consumers made window/door purchases online.
- Nearly 90% of window and door buyers own their own home.
- 26% of window and door shoppers visited 2 stores.
- More than 1/2 of online window and door shoppers compared prices.
Windows and Doors Market Research and Insight with TraQline
If you are ready to get inside the minds of your windows and doors customers, TraQline is here for you. Our market research experts have the insight you need to keep your company ahead. Contact our Windows and Doors industry experts to get started today!